Friday, March 14, 2014

Baphomet and Morality

As a chaote, my approach to Baphomet might be different than the others who contribute to this blog.

An important idea to consider when approaching anything dealing with religion, the occult, or spirituality for me has always been the implications of new knowledge.

This ties in heavily with my views on Baphomet and any notions of objective morality.

I have personally experienced energy work and spiritual phenomena from several traditions including Tantra (with my Kundalini), Reiki, and have even interacted with various gods from the Greek and Norse traditions.

These experiences have led me to conclude that either all of my experiences were invalid or they were all valid. I have decided to believe the latter.

If the latter is true, however, what does this mean in terms of global spirituality, consciousness, and, for the purposes of this writing, morality?

For myself I feel that it implies there is a universal energy source from which all religion, spirituality, and occult knowledge originates. If this is true, then how does it impact our notions of morality?

Osho says that the moral man can never be natural and the natural man can never be moral. I feel this can be applied to my ideas regarding the universal life force which we will refer to as Baphomet.

Many cultures throughout history have claimed to have the "one true path" or "one true god/s" and have developed widely varying moral systems, virtues, and "sins" based on these beliefs. The Norse believe/d that if they fought and died valiantly they would be rewarded by being chosen to be in the hall of either Odin or Freyja. Those who died of disease or old age would go to Hel - where it was eternally boring. Greeks believe/d that those who lived lives of note would go to the Elysian Fields. Those who led uneventful lives would go to the Asphodel Meadows, a place of boredom and repetition - just as they lived their lives.

It is easy to see how these people valued fame, honor, courage, and notable action. They also have very culturally-biased views of virtue, however, as we can see the exact opposite things being valued in Taoism. Taoists believe that you can never leave your house and learn all there is to know of the universe, that there is usefulness in being useless, and that people who lead simple lives are to be valued, not shamed.

Who is correct?

None are correct and all are correct.

Baphomet has no inherent morality. The only moralities that exist are those which we impose upon Hir.

The true path of Baphometic worship is the path that is newly forged. Do not believe what others tell you, believe only your own experiences. Reject all forms of objective morality and laugh at those who tell you that you are sinful - for all are like unto Baphomet and there is nothing that is not Baphomet, so how could anything be inherently sinful?

I look forward to posting more here and sharing my views with you all.



Io Baphomet!

-Blake

6 comments:

  1. you mean I dont have to carry guilt around for my lustfull desires ? freedom

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I participated in Christianity, the world was so black and white. There were parts of myself that I thought was bad and that I despised.

    Baphomet, the Great Hermaphrodite, came to represent a new desire I had to accept my whole self and to embrace every moment. To try new things and love new people--for all is Baphomet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed it. I'm still working through my spiritual journey but have always been drawn to Baphomet, at least symbolically. This project gives me much food for thought & I look forward to future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, there IS an objective morality. It is defined by God and nature. Love leads to LIFE, but sin leads to DEATH. The "Baphomet" is an ugly symbol of EVIL. Loving God, loving each other, and living a moral life as Jesus taught us is what is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for using my photograph! ^__^

    www.dvsdetroit.com

    ReplyDelete